New
Find
Notify
Tools

BLACK MESA RIFLE COMPANY?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found the site for this 'smithy while surfing the internet. http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/blackmesaexpress

Is anyone familiar with them?

They also have a line of proprietary cartridges called The Black Mesa Express.

It comes in .338 and .375 flavor.

Is anybody familiar with these rounds ?
They seem to be some sort of giant cased supermag.

Thanks for the input,
HBB

Posts: 376 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Hillbillybear,

Black Mesa is a company started by Brian McDaniel. He builds rifles on Model 70 Winchester actions which he rebarrels to one of his two proprietary cartridges, the .338 Black Mesa Express and the .375 BME.

I did a story on him and his rifles several years ago and had one of each caliber rifle to do some shooting. Both were very accurate and "hot dog" cartridges. The .338 is very similar to the .338 Lapua and the .375 is similar to a .378 Weatherby Mag.

I haven't been in touch with Brian in quite a long time and it's nice to know that he's still turning out rifles.

Tom

Posts: 48 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
<lb404>
posted
I too have met and shot Brian's rifles and the cartridge 338 and 375 Black Mesa Express are now a factory round in the form of the 338 and 375 RUM. His rifles and muzzle break were very accurate out to 750 yards.
lb404