New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark x safety replacement
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been helping a shooting friend look for a military bolt shroud to install on a Mark X so he can put a beuhler safety on it. Where can we find the parts?? Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
www.brownells.com
search on bolt shroud.

expect to pay 40-50 bucks for a commerical one.

or, gunshow should be like $5.

you could get a mod 70 done on it, as well.
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are always on E-Bay under Hunting and on AuctionArms. Just search "mauser." Unless it came off a commercial 98 it will need polishing and bluing.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNS:
I have been helping a shooting friend look for a military bolt shroud to install on a Mark X so he can put a beuhler safety on it. Where can we find the parts?? Thanks RNS

RNS: I usually convert to M70 type 3 pos safeties on M98 Mausers. I have a M98K military bolt shroud that I am not useing. This should work on a Mark X.

I would be willing to part with it for a very reasonable price. It has already been modified for a Mark II safety. This is very similar to a Bueler, and I think it would be a "drop in" installation.

Send me a private measage and I will give you a price.

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. My friend finished it last night. Didn't ask what he settled with. RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote