Find
Notify
Tools

How to insert studs in a McMillan?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents
My McMillan CZ-express arrived today! It was MUCH more expencive than it was supposed to, but it is only money... Now it is at home with me and I am wondering how to install the threaded inserts for the sling studs/swivels. I guess I will have to drill holes for the inserts and then mold them in place with the marine epoxy before installing the QD sling swivels.

Next thing, I have noticed that the stock only have two holes for the recoil lug screws. It is three screws on my zkk602, and the barrel screw hole is missing, as is the inletting for the barrel recoil lug. There is only a wider section for the sight part on the barrel.
How to overcome this and to bed things properly?

Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Since you are not in the USA, and sending your rifle to MacMillan would have been problematic, I think you should ask MacMillan directly. While I never asked them any specific stock mounting instructions, they corresponded rapidly and with courtesy to other correspondence I had with them.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink
I have mailed them now, and will await the answer. Previous times they have not responded quickly or at all.

What kind of drill will make a hole for the barrel recoil lug and screw without making it ugly?

How thick shall a threaded insert be to be properly molded in?

Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote