New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of these two guns ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't own these two weapons but I actually looked at them over the weekend and the old fellow asked me what they were wo

I really don't know or if I can give anyone enough info to figure it out. But any guess would be

appreciated. I) Winchester model 12, 16 gage, Vent rib, don't know serial no. but the gun is p
erfect except for one small scratch on the left side of stock. 2} A winchester revolver, which he said matched the shotgun, in 32-20 I didn't know winchester even made revolver ! it is also in pristine condition with what looks like ivory grips. I do remember it had a gold trigger.

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
.358---

You really don't have enough information to even make a wild guess.

The Winchester M-12 didn't have a vent rib.......unless it was done by Simmons Gun Specialties. Simmons is infamous for ruining more guns with a terrible re-blue than any other company on the planet.

Winchester didn't make handguns, but anything with *factory*, real, ivory grips is likely to be a nice gun.

If it's a Colt SA you'd have to have it appraised by someone that knows the many hundreds of variations and conformations. The market for old Colts is a cut-throat, crooked, and sometimes downright larcenous, business.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack, you got me again and all I had to do was keep my mouth shut, lol. I was thinking, ( I use the term loosley) "they did too have a rib". BUT, there is that but again, on further thought (this time a bit more thought process) it was solid.

Now look into the little flashy light, you will not remember this conversation or the vision of any aliens. Have a good day.

[ 03-11-2003, 09:46: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote