New
Find
Notify
Tools

SYNTHETIC STOCK QUESTION
 Login/Join

<HOPPER>
posted
I would like to ask for some opinions on synthetic stocks. I want to swap out my wood stock
on a Rem. 700 to a synthetic. In your opinions, who makes the best over the counter stock
without going to a custom built one? In case any one asks the gun will probably not see very
harsh or extreme conditions. I just want to give it a new look and hopefully maintain its'
accuracy. Thanks in advance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the vote would go to a McMillan stock they have a website do a search and it should come up.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McMillan or Bansner i think. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
Depending on what you are looking for (quality and features) in a synthetic stock, McMillian abd HS Precision are both very good. I have read good things about High-Tech also.

But if you are not to picky, there is Ramline.

Speaking of Ramline, I happen to have a new one for a Remington LA I'd let go cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have mcmillans on all my rifles and will put them on any future rifles.They are well made and extremely durable.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might be tossing money away if you don't consider Bell & Carlson. Their Medalist stocks, with a built in bedding block, are superb.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
McMillans are great, but a bit pricey. If you are looking for extreme quality, get one! If not, look around. I have a McMillan on the way for a Rem. 700 with Decelerator installed ($386 Delivered to my door).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got a HS Precision stock for my Rem 700 SA and I love it. The action drops into the aluminium bedding block nicely with no mess or fuss and the gun shoots better than before. I'd never go back to wood after buying one of these. The only problem with HS Precision stocks is that they don't make one for my Sako Finnfire.

Posts: 56 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
<RussT>
posted
Look at Bordens. They are well made from a technical point of view and built in the best molds out there. The checkering and detail on the stocks is excellent.

one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
Macmillan

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out McMillan's web-site and go to "Internet Specials".....a fairly good selection that are less expensive than you would think.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote