THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need Mauser set screw for double trigger mechanism

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Mauser set screw for double trigger mechanism
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Guys, I need the set screw that fits inside the trigger guard between the 2 triggers. If you have a spare you will sell or can make one, let me know, thanks!

fla3006@yahoo.com

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's an old ball size but...

from the Mannlichers Collectors Association Newsletter

DST Adjusting Screws $9.00 for 12
phillips head plated brass
Don Henry
PO Box 7144
Salem , Or 97303

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe in a different thread someone stated that the screw is a 2-56. If anyone can confirm that this is a fact I can send you one.

If that is not the case.... well you may want to pursue the above mentioned route.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1496 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fal Grunt:
I believe in a different thread someone stated that the screw is a 2-56. If anyone can confirm that this is a fact I can send you one.

If that is not the case.... well you may want to pursue the above mentioned route.

I believe it is a little larger than #2 closer to a #4 but the tip needs to be turned down. Last one I repaired I had to drill out the broken screw and retap. I think I used a #4-40 then turned down the tip to fit. Then of coarse you need to cut the second slot to look right.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recknagel shows the adjusting screw for their DST as metric M3 x 11.5 x 4 with a drawing showing a turned down tip exactly as Don described.