Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Gold inlay kit from Brownells.
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
LAR45

Don't do it, I mean using the brownells kit. I have seen a few workd done by "handy persons" It looks just as tacky as some of the rap artists golden tooth's

Leave it to the professionals and hire a competent person...

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I got a gold inlay kit from Brownells. Anybody have any experience with it? I put some NECG sights on my 470 project and the rear sight is about impossible to see the verticle line on it.

Any thoughts on how to make this more visible?

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
#1. Send the gold inlay kit back to Brownells.
#2. Make sure the rifle is properly sighted in.
#3. Send the sight to me for a real gold inlayed line or better yet a gold triangle.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Considering how nice your rifle is I would go with Roger's suggestion. I know that gunsmiths that do work for me love the fact that I tinker around with things myself, in the end it costs me more to have them fix it than it would have to just have them do it the first time. In a situation like this with a nice rifle I wouldn't practice on it.

I saw Roger's posting on how to do some gold inlay, and to "properly" do it you would need to dovetail the gold into the metal to get it to stay there for real. and with a big gun that is going to kick a lot I would think that even more important.

Just my 1/2 cents worth. :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Roger, email sent.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Lar45

Email returned.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote