Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver style blank base
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Folks

I'm want to order a lenght (4"-6") of Weaver style base, flat bottom, very low profile. I see Brownells have this but theirs is not especially low.

I was thinking that someone more familiar with the entire Weaver range may be able to suggest something. Hole spacing is not important.

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for a "blank" base, it is flat and they assume that you are going to profile the bottom to fit whatever rifle you're going to put it on. In that respect, you can make it as low as you want it by milling the bottom side to suit yourself.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Foster

There are 2 size bases that may work, normally for a marlin 336

63a 6.125 long 0.283 thick
63b 5.45 long 0.37 thick

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, Rich this was exactly what I needed.

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote