Find
Notify
Tools

Mausers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted
How many different types of mausers are there? I know of the large ring and the small ring although I am not entirely certain on the differences between the two. I know there are the 95's, 96's, and the 98's which are very distinctive between themselves but there just seems to be an endless myriad of variations in the 98's. If somebody could do a quick and dirty rundown of the biggest differences in the 98's I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Here might be a place to start.
http://www.mausercentral.com/rings.htm

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the reference material stickie at the top of the page. jeffeosso has an excellent rundown.

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ramrod. That link actually clears up the waters quite a bit.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote