THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a good synthetic stock for Ruger #1?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a well made synthetic replacement stock for one of my #1's. I want a regular weight stock, not a lightweight one.

I've read some conflicting quality reports on Bell & Carlson stocks. Does anybody else make a good #1 synthetic stock?

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
Why don't you give Doc a call at MPI stocks. I have them on all my rifles. Great product and service.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think you only have 2 choices for the synthetic stock, b&c or mpi. depending on who you talk with, they both have issues as to fit and finish. the b&c i put on a clients rifle fit ok but not perfect. the mpi i used for myself i got as a "blank". i had to do the final fitting and finish. not bad though just like working on a corvette.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CARLOSTHEJACKAL:
Why don't you give Doc a call at MPI stocks. I have them on all my rifles. Great product and service.

Mpi's website looked like they had some nice stocks.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote