New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henriksen Tool Co. ?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have been watching the news in regards to fires in Talent Oregon. When I try and call Hughs # its busy, which is no surprise amid the chaos.

Just trying to see if he dodged the fire.

My heart goes out to everyone facing these fires

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure hope he's alright. When I saw Talent on the news, I thought oh, crap!

Posts: 3764 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
The phone & Internet lines are likely down including any cell towers. I live outside Buckley and everywhere along hwy 410 is disrupted from the Bonney lake fire and the one past Enumclaw.

Being between two fires isn't comforting but they are at least getting under control. On the lighter side I have seen just about every kind of medium/heavy lift helicopter made fly by and thanks to our neighbors up north a Canadian air tanker dropping water. tu2

But I really feel for those who are facing some of those big fires like at Talent that aren't always easy to escape from. Hopefully he is ok.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello D'Arcy,
The hole side of Hugh's Mountain burned down and took our two Towns of Talent and Phoenix with them. Phoenix burned flat to the ground with nothing left. I have no word on Hugh yet but we are still fighting the fires around the clock. My Shop is running again full speed but last week I lost 50 % of my crew du to evacuations and 22% lost their homes and livestock so my wife and I have opened up the pasture and our house for the Crews family's, trailers, tents and salvaged belongings until they can get home to rebuild their lives again. We are running right along but it's nothing but a living Hell for some of our Towns Folk. D'Arcy God Bless you for asking this means a lot when our Customers and Friends ask about us, it tells the Crew people care about them. It means a lot to me, so we all thank you and let us know whatever we can do for you. I will let you know as soon as I hear word of Hugh, Thanks Again my Friend and keep safe because it seems like every time we turn around there's a Virus, fire or Flooding trying to stop America this year.

Sincerely,
David L. Kiff
Owner

Pacific Tool & Gauge Inc.
Pacific Tactical LLC
Cabin Fever Sports Inc.
Pacific Precision Grinding Inc.
dave@kifftool.com
Office 541-826-5808

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can not express the amount of sadness I feel at this time

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
D'Arcy,

I hope your friend is okay. I'm confident he and his family are. As was mentioned phone lines are down as are cell towers. Power's out in large areas. He's probably got his hands full.

It's been pretty wild.

I have cousins in the town of Detroit Or. They owned a restaurant (The Cedars) that my Great Aunt and Uncle started about 70 years ago. It's gone along with most of the town. Heard that there's only a few buildings standing.

We had a smaller fire that didn't make the news outside the area about 3 miles from us. Luckily it was down wind. Lisa and I our bags packed by the door for most of last week.

Take Care,

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi D'Arcy,
I am OK. No fire damage to my place. Had wind driven fire here, 40 to 45 MPH. Started Tuesday and went right down the main valley and so far 800 homes and businesses gone with 4 dead. I bugged out to Junes because I had no power and no water (well) no phone or internet. Fire took out all the power and phone . Got power back Sunday afternoon and phone back this afternoon. So am back in my own bed tonight. June was even at a level 2 evac level because it was getting to the South end of Medford before they got it stopped. Most damage in Phoenix and Talent.
Thanks for checking in D'Arcy.
Hugh

one of us
posted Hide Post
D'Arcy,
Good news. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3764 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hugh's a great guy and a terrific reamer maker. I'm so glad to hear that he's OK. Thanks D'Arcy!

Bill Warren