New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger surface texture
 Login/Join

<slancey>
posted
Is your trigger smooth or checked, or possibly grooved?
Also, do you pull the trigger with the first muscle pad, the first joint, or the second muscle pad on your finger?
My triggers are smooth, and I use the first joint mostly. Jack O'Connor recommended grooved or checked triggers, and he used the second muscle pad.
Your thoughts...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO ; Using the second joint gives a true squeezing action when attempting to Pull the trigger .

If using the first joint you tend to Pull the firearm then the trigger , as it's not as even or direct

a force as the second joint is , which is actually nearer to a 90 degree hinge swing .

In cold weather I prefer a grooved or serrated trigger especially hunting .

Warm weather BR or target plinking any trigger surface works for me . As long as two men and a

small boy are not required to release the hammer while squeezing the trigger .

Those of you unfamiliar with that feeling may not own some older Military firearms .

Giving the actual meaning too the phrase those Stiff Brits to name just a few who

fall into that category !.

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's always fun to "discover" something...even if it's apparently old hat to some. I can see the theory of the second joint, but it would seem a heavy would really raise hell with the social finger.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
i use the first pad my favorite rifle has a grooved trigger . i see how the second pad would help with the squeeze . i run my thumb along the stock not rapped and i have a 2 lbs trigger thumb location reduces the torque effect and in my opinion was a major improvement in my shooting .

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote