Find
Notify
Tools

mark x mini-mauser trigger/safety ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted
Can this factory trigger mechanism be worked and made crisp? Is there a replacement available for the trigger and/or safety as there is for the standard size Mauser?

Any report from experience with this action would be appreciated.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the factory trigger can be made better but not great. the action uses standard mauser triggers.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
It can be adjusted.

Posts: 6491 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Look what I found. Smiler

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=9&Cat...6***10560***17267***

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found the Daly triggers have burrs and rough areas when compared to the Bold or Timney. They can be adjusted to an excellent huntign grade trigger if you first touch up the individual pieces with a flat stone. Creep, letoff and travel are all adjustable if you follow the instructions. The springs seem fiine, and the sears have good solid engagement.

I will warn you, the small ball for the safety slide is under tension. I think the first one I saw must have flown to the next county. I don't remember the size, but I do remember it was a pain to order a hundred from McMaster Carr. I think I still have 99 around here someplace.

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got mine to about 1 lb but the safety wouldn't work. A Smith checked it took it up to 1.5 lbs, safety still didn't work. Decided I needed a good trigger more than a dodgy safety so took it off and hoyed it. (So that anyone else didn't think it was a safe safety.)

So now when I carry it it's more safe than having it cocked with the safety on and a light trigger. (I think). Now I have 3 or 4 rifles and a shotgun without safetys. Such as single shots and an old M94 Win (with only half cock.)

In my youthful madness (years ago) all my AD's or ND's were with rifles and shotguns that had safetys. . . that I THOUGHT were on. Eeker

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote