THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wycliffe falling block-need gunsmith NE Okla.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellow on the BR.Com forum is looking for a smith to finish a rifle for him in NE Okieland. Said his present smith is in very poor health. Maybe strax or Nick Hughes knows somebody.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Steve Baldwin is a well known single shot guy in OKC. I don't know how much work he does since he also makes the sights he sells. I also have a stockmaker/friend that is very popular with the single shot crowd. Depending on what needs done I could probably help him out. Wonder who the smith is he is using?

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Butch;

I'm not completly set up to take on any work as of yet, as tooling gets gathered up. I do a little playing with what I have. Not ready for any outside work as of yet. I have been out of the loop long enough to not have anybody to recommed at this time either. Not going to start until I feel everything is in order, and doing it, but Thanks!

Nick;

Is the stockmakers name Mike, who does the Highwalls, and other single shot rifles. Mike does some amazing wood work when it comes to these rifles. Would like to post some pictures of his personal Highwall, but waiting on a reply to an e-mail I sent him a couple days ago. He has a peice of english I would like to buy for a bolt rifle project thats a few months down the road.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats the guy Smiler

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote