New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pachmayr flush sling swivels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A young fellow came in the shop today with a minty 1885 Browning High Wall his dad left him. It is equipped with flush Pachmayers as pictured in this link:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/03291

He needs the loops. They seem to be D/C'd. Anybody got a set they want to part with?

Bob

Posts: 3779 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were discontinued for good reason. Probably the single worst idea for a QD swivel...Jim Tucker had some made up and used them on one or two rifles and gave up the idea pronto.

He MAY have some left overs. For some reason, I have ONE loop if it will help...N/C

Let me know

Posts: 3607 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane, thanks for the intel. I suppose the problem may have been that they could become detached unintentionally? Do you know if the popular push button style flush mounts would screw right in the Pachmayr base holes? The fellow does not want to make any irreversible alterations that would affect value.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a new in package set of Pachmyer bases and loops. $30 + $5 shipping in CONUS. Let me know, please.

Posts: 154 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whb309:
I have a new in package set of Pachmyer bases and loops. $30 + $5 shipping in CONUS. Let me know, please.

I'll take it. You have a PM.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
Duane, thanks for the intel. I suppose the problem may have been that they could become detached unintentionally? Do you know if the popular push button style flush mounts would screw right in the Pachmayr base holes? The fellow does not want to make any irreversible alterations that would affect value.

Bob

Correct...unwanted and spontaneous detachment (Good for the bluing business???HAR!)

Seen a few of tese systems over the years. Didn't have much use for them. The Uncle Milkes type have a predtty good track record

Posts: 3607 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
LOUDEST thumbdown swivels I've ever used. Squeaky always at the wrong time.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1859 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote