New
Find
Notify
Tools

91 Argentine Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am almost through with my new 91 project. I have put a 300 Savage barrel, full length manlicher style stock and a reciever sight, on it. It is really shaping up well, but I need to do something about the trigger. The two stage part does ot bother me but the 12 pound pull is terrible. Any sugestions?

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got any pics of it to post?

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not yet. I haven't got the final sand and finish on the stock yet. When I get it compleate I will try to post some pics. Learning to post pics may prove to be a bigger chalange than any gun build.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, 12#? Mine was maybe 7-8# at first.

I stoned the sear face with a fine diamond sharpening stone until it was flat and smooth, then used a ceramic stone to polish it. Final pull was 4-5# with a smooth pull and clean release.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try changing the sear spring. You should be able find a spring with the same diameter and length or longer (if longer just shorten it) made out of lighter wire. Lighter wire, less force needed for compression.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips. I will try them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I modified mine by drilling and tapping the trigger for #6 set screws.

I drilled in two places, one for take-up that gets rid of the first stage, and the second for over travel.

I also stoned it up as recommended above.

It breaks clean as glass with about a 5 lb. pull. I'm very happy with it.

Here's a post about it from another board. I don't know what happened to the picture. I'll try to find it.

DT

Posts: 196 | Location: NC | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this. I think these modifications are within my capabilities. Also thanks for turning me on to a new forum, it looks very interesting.