New
Find
Notify
Tools

weatherby trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like a single set trigger for my 257 weatherby. I am not finding much on the internet. Any ideas???

Posts: 467 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of anyone making a set trigger for any Weatherby, but I have installed several Timney triggers on Weatherbys and they work exceptionally well.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, Excuse my inexperience, but are we talking about the same trigger style?

Posts: 467 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
OK, a single "set" trigger is one that when pushed forward will "set" so that a very, very light touch rearward will set if off. If the same trigger is just pulled, instead of being pushed forward, will still fire the gun but will require a great deal more force. As I said, I'm not aware of anyone that makes such a trigger for the Weatherby, but I'm unaware of a lot of things Wink

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. We are talking apples to apples! I am suprised that someone doesn't do this. This is such a flat shooting round. It would be a great idea for paper and 500 yds+ ! Would this then be a custom gun project?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Canjar made (or makes?) a single set trigger for the MkV. The Canjar triggers are good, but if you manage to get a trigger out of them, it will be somewhat akin to winning in the National Lottery...

It seems to be best to try to call Canjar on the phone (use search function here to locate #). Maybe you'll get lucky?

- mike

P.S. I should say, the last Canjar for a MkV I had was for an action manufactured in Japan. I don't know if it makes any difference that the current actions are manufactured in the US??

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Mark V with a Canjar trigger and it is a fine trigger. Not a set trigger but it is as good as it gets for a standard trigger.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just in case Gary might wonder. I believe Canjar made both a set and a "direct" trigger for the MkV. I have seen and tried both. Like Marc, the one I had was the "direct" (i.e. no set) trigger.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Other than Canjar, I don't know of anyone making a set trigger for the Mk V.
I do have a couple of CZ 527 with single set triggers, plus three rifles with Canjar single sets on them. However, I've grown accustom to shooting all of them in the unset mode. The trigger breaks are so awesome in the unset mode, I just gravitated to shooting the rifles this way. YMMV

Don

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
[quote]OK, a single "set" trigger is one that when pushed forward will "set" so that a very, very light touch rearward will set if off. If the same trigger is just pulled, instead of being pushed forward, will still fire the gun but will require a great deal more force. quote]

I would agree if the subject were DOUBLE SET TRIGGERS! However, every Canjar SST I have on my guns fires just as well UNSET as any adjustable single-stage standard trigger.....

I also have two CZ's, a 527 & a 550 with single-set triggers. I must comment that in most respects, CZ rifles are quite good. But this praise DOES NOT apply to their SST's. The ones I have tried could be adjusted to as little a letoff unset as set (and still be safe!!)

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't Canjar out of business?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am to understand that Canjar closed shop last year. I guess too bad for me!