New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jewell Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do I need to have a gunsmith install a Jewell trigger on a Remington 700 or can I do it myself?

one of us
posted Hide Post
They can be a little tricky. It would depend on your skill. I had a gunsmith put mine in. He had to relieve some space in the stock and other things. I'm glad that he did it and not me.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Africa in 03:
Do I need to have a gunsmith install a Jewell trigger on a Remington 700 or can I do it myself?

I installed mine in a vssf stock with no problems.....I do minor gunsmithing work for myself and fix up old guns , the instructions are well written .....just do the usual bump and bolt slam test after installing and adjusting the trigger and make sure the retaining pins are tight and secure....then be prepared to spend more money because the Jewell will ruin any normal triggers in your other guns and you'll want to upgrade them also....LOL..good luck and good shooting!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote