New
Find
Notify
Tools

custom triggerguard screws
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody know who can make custom triggerguard screws. I would like a set for my Weatherby with either an allen or torx head. B-Square sells them, but only for Remington, Sako, Etc. They would not give me any leads, and said they have to order theirs in large quantities.

Posts: 247 | Location: Oz | Registered: 19 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a man up in New York by the name of J.C. Blauvelt that makes them for the Suhl, as well as for other rifles I don't know about. He may be able to make them for you. My dilemma now is I can't find his phone number. I'll keep trying to locate it, and when I do, I'll post it.

Take care,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just found his info:
http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/
845-895-2945

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not have a Weatherby Mk V here right now to confirm but are the screws not 1/4x28 the same as Remington? If so you should be able to fabricate out of Remington. I know that the Vanguard is 6x1mm metric same as Sako. Jerry

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone used to make hex head screws with a spring loaded ball insert. You used an allen wrench to push the ball down to engage the hex head. When through, the wrench removed and the ball poped back up. These action screws were engraved with scrole or a sunflower pattern and looked real nice on a custom rifle and would look nice with any application. If anyone knows whom is doing such work, Let me know.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote