New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. feeding problems, don't laugh !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a .223 action from Midway, the package included the bolt, receiver and trigger. I installed a Krieger, Jewell and bedded it into a Remington Classic wood stock.. Oh I had BDL floorplate/triggerguard. Bought a mag box, spring and follower from Brownells.. It's a nice little rifle except it won't feed..

If I put three in the magazine the top round pops out when I try to push the bolt home.. If just two in the mag the round will feed up towards the chamber but the bullet nose hits inside the counterbore, not in the chamber..

I've tried two different mag boxes, a different follower and a different spring. No dice..
Does anyone have any helpful suggestions.. ??
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you using .223 magazine boxes or a box for the .308 head size? Same for the follower?

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I agree, check the box and make sure it is the right box and that it is "seated" correctly, and then double check the follower.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote