THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Source for Winchester Model 94 replacement stock in high grade walnut?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Winchester Model 94 replacement stock in high grade walnut?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greetings AR Colleagues,

Does anyone know who makes replacement stocks, in a higher grade than standard, say fancy or X, for a post 64 Winchester Model 94 lever action. I tried Boyds, Precision and a few others and it seems like they no longer have them available. I’m not looking to just replace the stock but to upgrade the quality of the wood.

Anybody got any ideas where to look?

Thanks

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Wenig's in Missouri. I have one on order from them right now.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know it's more expensive, but if you have the old one you can buy a blank and have it duplicated.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Or give this guy a look see.
http://treebonecarving.com/

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I cant say enough good words about George Peterson at:

www.treebonecarving.com

George does an outstanding job with his turning. What he calls 90% inletted is what all the other companies call a drop in fit. His stocks are very well machined and require a minimal amount of fitting. I have had George turn sets for Marlin 1894's, 1897, Winchester 9422's, and Winchester 1894's. He has 2 blanks of mine and Dad's right now being turned for our pre-64 1894's.

George keeps an outstanding inventory of blanks on hand and can get you exactly what you want in your stock.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote