New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mod 70 barrel qustion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can a barrel for classic CRF mod 70 be used on a push feed model?

Posts: 99 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not a simple swap, the coned breech precludes this. You would have to cut of the coned portion of the classic barrel and face the breech square. Additionally this would make rechambering and rethreading the barrel necessary.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks David!

Posts: 99 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you need a new push feed 300 Win barrel, I have one.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking if you faced the barrel off to the correct distance and orientation to align the sights or writing on it,why wouldn't it work. I would bet it would feed OK with the extractor cutout. Make sure the headspace is correct.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I'm thinking if you faced the barrel off to the correct distance and orientation to align the sights or writing on it,why wouldn't it work. I would bet it would feed OK with the extractor cutout. Make sure the headspace is correct.

bull

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:

bull

Is that supposed to mean that Mr Kobe's opinion is Bull-crap? You accused me of improprietys and you come up with a slap in the face for Mr. Kobe's opinion. Those are the kind of acts that create havoc on this forum. The lack of respect for another persons opinion or idea. Shame on you 22wrf. Should I maintain my respect for your opinion? I think so because I truly respect your opinion and I will not hide behind a modicon. I think it's time to put down the lead pipe and start getting along before we totally destroy this fantastic forum.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Olcrip

I don't disagree with what you have to say so long as you say it to Colby as well. he started it.

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Olcrip

I don't disagree with what you have to say so long as you say it to Colby as well. he started it.

22wrf, I don't have any knowledge of an ongoing thing between you and Mr. Kobe. In this post it only appeared that you slamed Mr. Kobe. It made you look the villan. Others that have no knowledge of a post or remark elsewere by either of you would also assume as I did. What ever it was it needs to desist and we need to conduct ourselves as grown men with adult aptitude lest we loose respect of the other forum visitors. Carrying on only makes the ill poster look bad. I think we need to back off, meet somewhere and get dronk as skonks and forget the KAKA.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started to reply to this question right after it was posed to us.

I believe Both Davidreed and Jim Kobe are correct in their assessments.

Yeah, it can be made to work, but it ain't screw on. Then there is that pesky cutout, which matters little, since it had no support to begin with.

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote