THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do I use for bottom metal on a MKX?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just bought a MKX action std length magnum face without bottom metal. I want to build a low cost 375 Ruger so $500.00 Sunny Hill is out of the question.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Gun Parts Corp(Numrich) claims they have MK X bottom metal. If you go on E-Bay they have it listed there also. Or you could advertise here for it in Classified. Price generally runs around $150.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gun Parts Corp(Numrich) claims they have MK X bottom metal

I sure would look for a used one before I bought one to Numrich's. I bought one and sent it back. It was not a MKX part. The newer ones with the cross pin release are easier to find than tho old in the guard. Heck even a M98 would work with a little TLC.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Jim

Posts: 1210 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom ga hunter:
Just bought a MKX action std length magnum face without bottom metal. I want to build a low cost 375 Ruger so $500.00 Sunny Hill is out of the question.

How low cost do you want to go, and do you want hinged or not? Milsurp guards can be had for fairly cheap and pretty up nicely with a little work.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on not getting one from GPC. I too sent one back, it was junk.

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R&R Guns at: http://rrguns.us has them. A little pricey at about $225.00, but they are the real thing.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have a Numrich and another in the classifieds for sale now. Sorry about the "plug", but.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go try e-bay. They always have bottom metal everytie I looked.

Posts: 529 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sporter Express has M98 hinged bottom metal in alloy and steel for around $100 haven't talked to amyone that has used it.

Posts: 1 | Location: jasper, tx | Registered: 21 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sporter Express has M98 hinged bottom metal in alloy and steel for around $100 haven't talked to amyone that has used it.

I bought both from them about 18months ago. Sent them both back. Had to pay a restock fee. Compared to a MKX bottom they were junk.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote