THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need revolver cylinder.....for some other purpose

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need revolver cylinder.....for some other purpose
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a revolver cylinder to be turned into a paper weight as a gift to a friend.

My friend lives in a country that does not allow civilian ownership of guns so I'll have to mill part of the cylinder flat to make it inert, thus turn it into a paper weight.

Since it will be a weight I am looking for a cylinder that is large and heavy so I am looking at .357mag, .44mag. and anything longer, larger and heavier. It must be cheaply priced since it is destroyed for non-gun use. I'll probably looking for one on Numrich.

Now what brand and model of revolver have the cylinder suitable for this task? Help appreciated.

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ever give any thoought to using a cylinder from a percussion revolver, which can easily be found at any gun show, at real reasonable prices ?

Just a thought.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pyrotec try here

[URL=http://Case-Colored Pen & Pencil holder by Turnbull ]turnball[/URL]

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
opps here

here

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
How about one of the Revolver smith's that do the 5 shot conversions? Clements?? They my have some laying around?? I have a Ruger Blackhawk Stainless 45 colt cylinder with a hairline crack that I keep as reminder.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At the big gunshows with tables covered with parts, I see cylinders all the time.

Also, Iver Johnson break top 38 S&W and 32 S&W revolvers with a broken trigger spring go for $35 and the clyinder slides right out, and what is left of the gun is worth something for parts.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pyrotek, exactly where in the People's Paradise of Fairness, Equality and Diversity (California)does your friend live?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input and I like the turnbull mock cylinder pen-holder idea. But I can't get the website picture to show [Confused] , if the color case hardening looks nice then I would go for it.

quote:
exactly where in the People's Paradise of Fairness, Equality and Diversity (California)does your friend live?
Not the other PRC (People's Republic of California), but the original PRC (People's Republic of China) and I am serious!

You know China used to allow civilian firearm ownership [Eek!] ? I think they had shotguns and rifles but not handguns(not sure). Every gun is registered [Roll Eyes] and must be brought to a designated office each year to prove that the owner still has it. Then the freedom got cancelled(sorry, it rained) and every gun is collected and owner compensated. Amazingly the cancellation and all the procedures are done in a matter of a short time, gotta love dictatorship sometime. Air guns are still allowed, I think.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What about sending your bud an old revolver that has had its moving parts welded fast to the point of inertness? Would the government still call it a gun?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it might be risky since I don't know about the deactivated arms standard in China. It will have be modified to fit Canadian standard to be a non-gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pyrotek,

Just found on Ebay a cylinder. Item number 3613311234 going for less than 10 buck now. Smokey

Posts: 160 | Location: Whitehorse Yukon Canada | Registered: 20 April 2001Reply With Quote