New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 gunsmith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i've got a couple of 1911's that i would like to have some work done to. there are some local gunsmiths that say that they can do the job but i'm not sure about them. i need quality work done in a timely fashon. would like to have the trigger lightened and would like to have some work done to make it ACCURATE! tell me who to send them to.

Posts: 91 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm your phone number to me, we're in SE GA and if you're anywhere near Manning, SC we might ride up to pick them up, provided we agree on what to do. We're always looking for a reason to be close to McCabes around dinner time. Big Grin

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to talk with Todd Johnson at Lone Star Armory in Pearland TX. His work on 1911's is magical.
I've known him for about a year now, a real stand-up guy!

Posts: 683 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would send a PM to Chuck1911 that posts here. His advice has always been spot on and I would trust him.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne Novak, you can find his website on the net, went to CST , he also make Novak's sights.

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Thanks LarryS!

Kacole PM replied to.

If it HAS to be local, go to MID-Carolina Gun club when they have a pistol match. You'll get plenty of info. Charleston Gun club as well.
Greenville Gun Club if your in the upstate.
I would send you to John Harrison, but he tells me he isnt taking any work.

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Hank Fleming in Austin TX

www.hankgun.com

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote