New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger .458 cast off
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
ON the ruger high end .458 lott, can i have a stock maker bend the stock to give me castoff without accuracy problems or weakening the stock on this type gun.. Thanks, dave

hunter, blackpowder shooter, photographer, gemology, trap shooter,duck hunter,elk, deer, etc..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not many guys doing this, but Daryl Tate might 209 763 9040

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Duane, I talked to Daryl, what a fine gentlemen!!!, and he referered me to dakota rifle company, and they may offer castoff in thier guns.. dave

hunter, blackpowder shooter, photographer, gemology, trap shooter,duck hunter,elk, deer, etc..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK...maybe I misunderstood, thought you wanted an existing stock bent

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You didnt missunderstand, i was under the wrong impression.. Strait stocks reduce recoil.. but they need to be wide enough for a large recoil pad and heavy enough for the amount of recoil.... Daryl said to call dakota arms and they said this. Also it should have less drop than a ruger for a heavy recoiling gun.. It probably pertains to the average person, and if you want a scope or not, im not sure.. so i dont need the stock bent, i need to figure out how to get a wider recoil pad on it, and still look good, maybe a little higher.. Its been a journey for me to get the correct info on this.. but im starting to get serious about the ruger .458 lott in thier 10 pound upgraded rifle with triple express sights.. thanks for all of your help.. dave