New
Find
Notify
Tools

three locking lugs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If this Montana PHA action production dosen't pan out I will be looking for a different action to build a custom rifle on. Do you think there is any advantage to the BAT three lug action as opposed to the traditional two lug action? I've heard alot of good things about these actions and know for a fact that they are top of the line. Just don't know if it would be worth the extra cash on a big bore rifle. Thanks-----Pegleg

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aren't they only available as a benchrest receiver?
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch Fisher is building a large bore on one so I'm guessing Bruce will build what you want.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch- With as many rifles as you seem to have I'm surprised you don't have one of these. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I haven't looked at BAT actions for a number of years...do they offer a repeater? Maybe the reason Butch asked, though I can't speak for him obviously, is that the only BAT actions I have seen were single-shot BR actions. What do they call their repeater action, if they make one?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have a couple of repeater actions advertised on their web site. They are sure nice actions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple Bat BR rifles, but none in a repeater. Yes, they do have repeaters, I just haven't seen a 3 lug repeater. I think that they make a superior product.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote