Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic Stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CORNERSTONE
posted
I am assembling parts to build a custom rifle. (It will be my first) To date I have a Jewel trigger and a Nesika action and recoil lug, so I am turning my sights on a synthetic stock now. I must admit there is no shortage of well made and good looking ones out there, but was wondering if any of them stand out as far as quality.

Thanks,
ED

Posts: 148 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out the hi-tech specialties stocks made by mark bansner in adamstown pa.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On that rig I would go with McMillian. i have a few bansers and they are excellent if you want to get the weight down.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best in what regards?

Some are tough as hell, but heavy. Others are light as a dream. You get the idea.

While McMillan is always held up as the "standard to beat", I don't necessarily agree. Not that they aren't a very good stock, I just feel that others are equally as good, or sometimes even better. (FWIW, I own, or have owned, probably 6 or 8 McMillans, of different styles and finishes)

My very favorite hunting rifle stock is a Brown Precision. Very lightweight, and the dimensions fit me perfectly.

Seeing that you're using a Nesika action though, your choices may be a bit more limited than the typical Remington/Winchester crowd that have their choice of practically anything.

One of Us
Picture of CORNERSTONE
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

I will continue to look, and COLD BORE, I must agree the brown precision stocks are really nice. I have them at top of my wish list along with Rimrock and McMillan.

Thanks,
ED

Posts: 148 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's another nod toward Mark Bansner's Hi-tech stocks.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote