Find
Notify
Tools

How much for a Lyman 48?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What does a Lyman 48 go for these days?

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
A 48-FN just sold on ebay for $125. In general, various 48s for Mausers, Springfields, Enfields will go in the $65-$125 area, the earlier variations sometimes a little more.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks. I have one from a Springfield and one from a Mauser I am thinking of selling.

I was going to keep the one on the Springfield, but I find that every time I work the bolt, I hit my knuckles on it. Never had any intentions of keeping the one on the old Mauser I bought

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
If your Springfield 48 is a first variation (very long slide), it should bring over $200, maybe $300 if nice shape.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I was looking for these at a gun show last weekend for my Springfield. The dealer who had them had just sold two 48S's one NIB for $225 and the other for $100. Not sure about the varations. I ended up buying a very adequate old Redfield just to have a rear sight on my '03.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16630 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote