Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 9.3 X 62 question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
It's a NEGC Classic Express sight, one fixed and two folding.

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Not really. The 9.3x62 can be loaded into a blown out '06 case, but it won't hold quite as much powder even with the shoulder pushed forward into the correct position. Though it will work in a pinch and is perfectly effective, you won't get quite the same velocity as you would with original Norma, RWS, etc. cases. The 9x3x62 is definitely not a .366 Whelen but a distinct breed of cat all its own. Good one, too! Go ahead and build it.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes, I was thinking about the 722. The diameter at the front is near .650 isn't it? I have an NECG .640 diameter sitting in my drawer. I was thinking about putting it on my .338-06 but may not due to weight issues. Haven't decided yet. But something in my head says keep the .338 under 9 lbs scoped and I'm too darn close to running over that without front & rear sights yet.

Whose rear sight is that?

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
OK.....I'll ask.....I'll admit my ignorance and ask...Is the 9.3 X 62 Mauser basically a .30-06 case necked to use a .366 diameter bullet?

I have this very nice 1909 argentine (DWM) that I'm installing a Timney trigger and a Dakota 3-position safety. Jim Kobe does the bolt handle alterations for me and I just don't know what to do with this.....the 9.3 X 62 seems like a great round for zebra, blue windebeest and eland.

I have a .404 Jeff for the bigger stuff but like the idea of a lighter rifle with a lot of punch for plains game.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote