THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are NIB Canjar triggers not a desireable item?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a NIB one for a Rem 700 on GB presently with no apparent interest.
I would have thought that these would be highly sought after as they are made of unobtainium - right?
Or is the Jewel so much better that the Canjar is a distant memory?

Looking forward to any feedback on this.

Nomo

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I think that the biggest negative for Canjar (the company) is that they are very difficult to contact. They won't answer their phone, I have sent snail mail letters and never got a response and they don't do email or websites.

I tried contacting them for years and never have gotten any response at all. I don't have any confidence that their customer service would be any better.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I thought the company was out of business.

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that the biggest negative for Canjar (the company) is that they are very difficult to contact. They won't answer their phone, I have sent snail mail letters and never got a response and they don't do email or websites.

This is a common and justifiable complaint regarding Canjar. They were at least willing to answer the phone when Matt (the old man) ran it but since his children, I believe a son and daughter took over the only thing good about them are the triggers. I think the reason it's not selling is the lack of common knowledge the average shooter has of them. The two that I had were very good.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I have a Canjar on an older Savage that is orders of magnatude better than the original trigger. But some don't like them because they add lock time by adding an extra movement before the sear releases.

That maybe an issue in competition but probably not noticable in the field or varminting.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nomo4me:
OK, I thought the company was out of business.

Thanks

I'm 99.9% sure that they are, in fact, out of business.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are no longer listed in the Denver area phone book. I would have to agree with craigster in that they are probably out of business.
Damn, now I will never get the trigger I ordered from them around 1982!!!!

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, if your gun is a 700 you can always aquire mine Smiler