Find
Notify
Tools

ENCORE SIGHTS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
I am about to finish off my rifle 375 H&H Encore. I am looking for a few things.
One scope mounts with quick detachment. Mounting a burris enfield II or leupold in 2-6 range.
Good set of open sights to mount on it because you know murphy loves me. I saw a set the other day on here someone had a nice low profile sight looked great. Sight must be adjustable.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I have an Encore in 375 H&H. Had it for almost 2 years.

Great setup but I gave up on finding the right open sights because it was going to cost me mor the the barrel(that includes the cost of porting it) and I could not rationalize the cost.

I would like to suggest another scope to look at: Bushnell Elite 3200 in 1.5-4.5x 32mm. I have over 200 rounds through mine and it has performed great.

They also make the same size scope in a 2-7x32mm At a street price of around $200 they are a great value.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted Hide Post
Thanks I cant believe some of the prices for acc. on a gun these days. I always thought the gun was the most exp part wrong. The scope can cost twice what the freaking gun does.

Give me an old Redfield any day.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SwiftShot,

A friend owns a 375H&H Encore purchased new about 1yr ago. If memory serves me correct, the barrel was equiped w/ sights. He installed quick release bases and scope rings but could not get the factory sights to work w/ the bases. I think the factory rear sight had to be removed and the factory front was too low as the scope base was taller.

Gary