THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    New and Improved Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) from Ohio Ordnance Works

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New and Improved Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) from Ohio Ordnance Works
 Login/Join

posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can just see Feinstein and Obama swooning when they see this.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like but not for 3000 plus

Be interesting how thousands of rounds they put through it in testing.

I talked with a 50bmg company at the SHOT show and ask them how it shot at 1000 their answer was out range only goes to 200.

I lot of companies come up with stuff and never thoroughly test them.

They let the field do it for them. Even very big ones.

Posts: 19457 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I like the 'vintage' one better!

Posts: 5710 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I've shot full auto BARs, nothing compares!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3068 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the shortest Marine in my fire team, I got to carry the BAR during my PLC officer training in the summer of 1960.

I also got to carry a BAR belt containing 12 magazines, which fortunately were empty. Full, they weigh 2.5 pounds apiece. As the man said when he was about to be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail, "If it wasn't for the honor of the thing, I would just as soon walk."

One of my fellow officer candidates died of heat stroke that summer, and another suffered permanent brain damage from the same condition.

BARs are fun to shoot, however. My reserve unit was still equipped with them 1960-1963, before I went on active duty for three years. We burned up a lot of ammunition with them at summer camp.

It is the only firearm I know of which pulls the shooter forward instead of pushing him back, due to the heavy bolt and the fact that it fires from an open bolt.