New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some advise, 700 ss dm feeding problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was taking to a local gunsmith this week about this rifle. He said all the ones he had seen had feeding problems, I'm not sure how many hes seen. I hated to hear this. Even though its a Remington , its got a 24" barrel and you can get it in .280. Anybody had any experience with this problem? Can it be fixed easily and affordably?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw you posted this on several forums. Have you found any problems?

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's Remington's responsibility to make it work safely and reliably. If it doesn't, send it right back for a refund.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 280 in Rem SS with DM and so far haven't had a loading problem.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mark
I have one in 338WM and have not experienced any problems at all,a close friend has one in 300WM and has not said anything about issues either. Both of us handload.

Posts: 42 | Location: Wild and Wonderful New Mexico | Registered: 12 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Replace it with a H-S Precision box mag system, you will not have any more feeding problems.

Posts: 9 | Location: So.Cal. | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how this gunsmith has seen so many problems yet not one case has shown up in this forum or in the others where I have seen this question asked.I have one of these rifles and between my friends they have at least six more without one feeding problem reported.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My sons 7-08 doesn't pick up the next round most of the time. Is this the same problem you are having?

Posts: 20 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote