New
Find
Notify
Tools

rifle stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am mulling the thought of going to a synthetic and of course......McMillan seems the most logical but what gets me is that for the pre-64 model not much of a selection of other stock makers is available. Is this due to the forestock barrel lug screw or whatever it is called?

OR.......... if I am leaning toward the rubber Hogue what is envolved? just thought of them stocks. Drift out the lug on the barrel and use a dremel etc.... for fit and am good to good. Easy as that?

just don't know.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
Try MPI Stocks. Doc can make anyting you want.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
okay..........Hogue it is. Smiler

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Griz, I think you would be happier with the McMillan.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Grizz,

If you get the Hogue, I'd suggest the version with the full aluminum bedding block. I have the version with just the pillar bedding and the forearm is flimsy to say the least. In fact, it's so flimsy and weak that the forearm will touch the barrel if a bi-pod is used. I'm thinking the full length bedding block would fix the problem, but honestly, I'm not sure.

Posts: 4 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 14 October 2008Reply With Quote