New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I picked up an FN 98 action I dont know anything about.
It has an imperial crown, under that is a stylized L, like the letter used for the english pound money. then ABL and under that 1951.
It has a 30-06 mag box 3.42" I think it was, and beautifully finished. Any ideas as to what it was. Should be worth the $50 I give for it I'd think.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Seriously? You actually paid money for it? Dude, you need to send it to me. Give you...$75.00 for it.

Just kidding, sounds like a good action to start something with.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Made for the Dutch, I believe under King Leopold, which explains the "L." 30-06 is the correct caliber, as we were giving them ammo by that point. $50 was a screaming deal -- congratulations. Hope this helps, Okie John.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Okie John.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice find!

What do you have planned for that? Would make a spiffy 9.3x62.

I have one FN military action, not in the best of shape. You can still tell is was well made though.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of RifleDude
posted Hide Post
This action is an 1951 FN Mauser action. Basically of Mauser 98 design, but post WWII manufacture. This rifle was used by the Belgian Navy and Argentinian Army I believe. An excellent action to build a sporter on.

RifleDude

Posts: 9 | Location: South of Alaska | Registered: 08 March 2004Reply With Quote