New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pachmyer Flush Mount Sling Swivels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know where I can get a set of these swivels mounted on a Pre-64 Mod 70 Stock? HCR does not have the installation kit and has never installed them before. Having some furniture upgrade done to my Pre-64 280AI and thought the Pachmyer swivels would be a nice finishing touch. Know they're a little pricey but I can get away with that. The swivels and installation kit plus installation seems a little too much.

http://www.pachmayr.com/sling-swivels.php

Whatcha' think?

Posts: 78 | Location: Hampton, VA | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of similar stock inserts but no swivels. The one's I have use a spring clip with a push button release swivel. I don't have the swivels. They are just inserted into the stock at the proper location and proper depth and held in with a wood screw and machine screw and nut.

ETA: That installation kit is just a centering jig with the proper sized bits. It is handy but far from necessary. Call Ahlman's in MN mikeahlman@hotmail.com

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote