New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for older vintage scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need to put a scope on a classic Zanardini bolt action .416rigby I have just picked up, but don't want to put a new scope on it since it would look out of place. Can anyone recomend a source or even a model for it? Must be a 30mm tube since it has QD rings.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Could you post pics of your rifle? Sounds interesting.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ebay has alot of vintage scopes, Shipping to italy might be a challange. Is there a Italian seller ebay?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a regular seller on eBay and Gunbroker and have shipped scopes all over the world including Italia. I have several scopes listed now but nothing that would complement your Zanardini.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lots of vintage scopes, but none are with the 30mm tube.
Sorry I can't help you out. I have several mounted on older US made rifles, with several more waiting in the wings.. for a good rifle to come along to mount them on.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
You might try Ballentines Ltd in Kansas. Their web site is changed or gone but the number is: (785)-456-9124. Another good contact in the USA would be Lee LeBas at www.learmes.com. Last but not least is Gary Fellers in FT Worth, TX (sorry, no number) if you can get him to answer or return a call.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote