New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kreigoff Drilling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an old double 16 ga. over 9.3X72R I'm ready to try out after having a couple of gunsmiths check out my firearm. The gun has rabbit ears and was made in about 1905 with good steel barrels. It breaks open with an underlever. The lever behind the hammer swings to the left for the sight to pop up in the rib for the rifle. What do I need to do to engage the rifle part of the the drilling for rifle shooting or does just moving the lever on top too the left do it? Thanks, Mike

Posts: 916 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Four Tails---(bet it's hard buying underwear!)

IF there's a lever on top, that's probably it. Usually it a button just like a tang safety but this one lifts the rear sight and sets the rifle barrel. The front trigger fires the rifle.

It's important you realize this is NOT a strong action.....in fact it's the weakest of the well-known drilling actions.

The 9.3 x 72 is much like a 38-55. And a LOT of fun to hunt whitetails, hogs and have a double for turkeys.

I'm jealous. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information on the drilling. I'll give it a try and let you know how it comes out. Thanks, Mike

Posts: 916 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote