New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contact Info Roger Vardy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those interested, Roger Vardy's e-mail address is rvardy@netc.net.au. Roger is known for his quality walnut stock slabs for sale of Australian wood. He said the original settlers planted English Walnut. He air drys his for 5 years. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Butch,
Have you bought anything through Roger? Pictures?
Here are a couple of blanks that were originally sourced from Roger. Haven't yet met the man myself.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Stu I haven't. I have a mate from Canberra that is visiting me in August and said if he had a suitable piece, he could bring it to me. I have heard that the Australian walnut was good, but have not had any dealings with Roger. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His wood is very good, thats where I bought my blank for my .404 project. Very nice guy to deal with to boot.

Sells some blanks to H&H as well.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the plesure to meet Roger a few years back when a mate of mine took me there after a sambar hunt in Vic. We arrived really early in the morning after a night under the stars in our swags Smiler Roger and his whife quickly arranged some tea and toast, a welcome meal for the hungry hunters!

Roger had a unreal supply of high end walnut Eeker I left his place wishing the luggage limits was more generous on the plane home to Sweden......

Roger was a great guy and I wouldn´t hesitate to do buissnies with him!

Stefan

The bitter taste of poor quality stays in the mouth far longer than the sweet taste of the low price!

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote