New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Hunter Scopes ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
They advertise this new model on thier web site for less then 200 bucks. But I can't find one to buy ! I have tried all the usual places but no luck. Do any of you guys know where I could get one ?

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you where to get one, but you sure have my curiousity up. They sound a lot lke the VX I. I don't know how you could get much less expensive than they are. They start at $179 at swfa . Maybe they are so new that no one has them yet.
You should ask this on the optics forum. There are some people on it that are in the "know". They have always helped me out.
Good luck, Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold has a new line called "Rifleman", supposed to be new value priced line. Sounds like it will be the VX-1 with a matte finish. The VX-1 is being upgraded with muti-coat 4 on it's exterior lens's.I haven't seen any of these new "Rifleman" scopes on dealer shelves yet.

Posts: 91 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new rifleman scopes are basicaly a matte version of the VX1 series with some minor changes.

Seems ironic that you guys make them but we seem to get em here in OZ before they're on your shelves.

Same deal with Harleys, there's never a drama getting whatever models we want, but I believe you guys have to wait ages. Mind you we end up paying twice as much for everything, and that's probably got a bit to do with it.

Just bought the 2-7.....$400

[ 07-21-2003, 18:34: Message edited by: Boofhead ]

Posts: 90 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
This one is new to me!

JUST accessed Leupold's web site. NO scopes on there named "Hunter"!!

[ 07-21-2003, 19:12: Message edited by: eldeguello ]

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 176 | Location: Cal-ee-four-nee-ya | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
Just saw some out our local Walmart. Didn't get a chance to look at them close though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they are called Rifleman and it says it has fully coated lenses, matt finish and frictin adjustments. Now where can I get one ? Tried all the usual places including Bear Basin and Wally World.

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try a search on Froogle

Posts: 176 | Location: Cal-ee-four-nee-ya | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post

I sent you a PM.