New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver scope repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need the contact info, for the guy that does all the Weaver, El Paso, scope repair work...Thanks, Chris

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver Scope Repair Service
1121 Larry Mahan Dr. Suite B
El Paso, Tx. 79925
915-593-1005

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard they have, or are about to, cease operation.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys,their doors are closed. Haven't found a replacement shop yet either but am checking on one in Canada.

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I have an old Weaver varible thet needs repair.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
FrownerFrom what they were charging plus shipping and handling it almost was wise to get a new scope. Maybe that's why they are gone. Eekerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bartsche,are you sure we're talking the same place here? They refurbed three for me and NONE were over $63 w/shipping. That included a replacement lense on one,a reticle change on another,replacement power ring on another,plus of course a complete disasemmbly,cleaning,reassembly,and nitro purging of all three. If anything I thought their low prices were why they closed up but two reasons I was told by them that they were closing up were Frank getting up in years and the quality of recent replacement parts were not meeting Frank's high stds. NICE while it lasted!

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So now what do we do?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last correspondence I had with Parson's determined that they didn't work on Weaver scopes. Don't know what we're gonna do. YET! Forgot to add that the last time I talked to WSRS to confirm their closing I asked for a referal to another repair shop to work on yet another old Weaver I had,they had none to offer.

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, parsons states on there web page " We do NOT work on Weavers."

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EP:
bartsche,are you sure we're talking the same place here? They refurbed three for me and NONE were over $63 w/shipping.

You are probably right, but at the time I could have replaced my K 4 X with another scope of the same power and comparative quality for nearly the same price or less. popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used the Weaver Repair Service about a dozed times over the years. They were invaluable. I just sent a Weaver to http://www.ironsightinc.com/products.html for the first time. Hopefully, they will do work that is just as nice.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kurt,sure would appreciate you letting us know how you make out! I see that their web doesn't mention Weaver variables. What did you send off? I recently got(for free!)a Weaver K12-1 w/AO that looks perfect cosmetically and optically but would like have it"tuned up"as I like call it. GOOD LUCK!

til later

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kurt, I hope you don't need that scope right away. It took them (ironsightinc) a year exactly to get my 3x9 Redfield back to me.

Unless they've gotten caught up, be prepaired to wait.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The folks in Texas used to take about 2 months. Iron Sight said at least 5. I sent them a Weaver stainless K4S that I want to put on a Ruger stainless 77RSI in .257 Roberts. It should make a nice combination. I'm in no rush for it.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote