Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ebay interarms mk X takeoff barrels
 Login/Join

posted
I see a couple ebayers selling new takeoff barrels from interarms mark x rifles. Has anyone used one of these? and are they seconds or bad barrels for any reason?
Thanks.

Posts: 11 | Location: California | Registered: 25 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RoyceCool, I remember seeing prices for Mark X actions and also for barreled actions not too many years ago. The barreled actions were less than $100 more. I wondered at that time how good the barrels could be that they were that cheap and that included threading and chambering.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always look at barrels on e-Bay, and mostly wonder what the people selling them have been smoking. Recently: a Savage take-off, starting bid around $100 IIRC; Mauser military take-offs starting around $50; etc. etc. I've also seen Adams & Bennet barrels go for more than you could buy them for from Midway.

On the other hand, there is an 35 cal. octagonal barrel with integral quarter rib, sling stud, and front sight ramp, from a Douglas blank, for less than $300 right now, too.

I guess it's a natural tendency to overestimate the value of what you own. Just be sure you have a very good understanding of the value of whatever you're bidding on, and DON'T get caught up in a bidding frenzy.

Todd

[ 02-25-2003, 17:20: Message edited by: Todd Getzen ]

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought many of the Mark X barreled actions when you could get the for $170 each. I built some rifles for me, and many of my friends. Never had one that wasn't Sub MOA, some were alot better than Sub 1/2 MOA. That's with 22-250 to .458 Win calibers.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I have owned 4 Mark X rifles with factory barrels. They all shot under 1". My 223 mini Mauser shoots about 5/8" with factory barrel.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If they are in 308 they might be the Mauser barrels that Sarco is selling 3 for $100
SS

Posts: 142 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That was great responce to my question! I have the Mauser bug. I built a 300 winmag on a 98 for my first project and had no problems and a 30-06 for my 2nd, both feed eject and shoot well. Am going to do a varment cal. next. This was my first post and I appreciate the help!

Posts: 11 | Location: California | Registered: 25 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
You guys remember all the stuff you pass on at gun shows?? Its all on Ebay now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<George Hoffman>
posted
Gentlemen:
Anyone interested in take off barrels and stocks
from M70 rifles, contact Darcy Echols. He buys the complete rifles and used only the actions. These are all new and unfired. I'll bet they would be pretty cheap.
George

one of us
posted Hide Post
SS, can you post a link to those .308 military Mauser barrels? I searched Sarco's site and couldn't find them. Thanks, Okie John.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I bought the MKX back when the dealer price was $127 and the action alone was about $95. I was always pleased with the accuracy.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never used the barrels but the Mark X's all shot very well as far as I know, I never shot one that was not accurate, but when you buy any take off your buying a pig in a poke....

A good Walther-Lothar barrel cost about $150. and chambering and fitting cost a good deal of money, so I am not willing to use cheap bargin barrels like take offs, Adams and Bennet or Shaw...

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okie John
They are Parker Hale 98 heavy target barrels in the Shotgun news a couple of issues ago WWW.sarcoinc.com is the web but I have not used it. I would give them a call 908-647-3800
SS

Posts: 142 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote