New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 9422
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Winchester 9422 I have is a good rifle and very fun to shoot. It's like new has not been shot much.
I noticed it's tube feed tends to be too easy to come out of the tube housing.

Can the housing be adjusted for a better fit?

Also the trigger after cocked ready to fire has 0 play and 0 take-up. I expected a small amount of take up.
Is this common with this rifle?

Posts: 2669 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
The tab that catches the pin on the mag tube can be bent inward slightly to give more friction on the tube or the notch can be deepened slightly with a small end mill, file or dremel. The trigger is normal providing it hasn't been dicked with. There is no second sear. Only the trigger and the hammer and they have positive angles on their sear surfaces. I would be willing to bet that if you pull the trigger mechanically with a small clamp you will find that it does indeed have take-up. You simply can't feel it because your finger stacks up the weight and it suddenly lets go.

mag catch by Rod Henrickson, on Flickr

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote