New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frontier gunshop- Info on custom rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking at a rifle built on a commercial 98 by the Frontier Gunshop. It is in 7x66 Vom Hofe Super express. The wood and metal work look nice. It has a Leupold scope, dies, and lots of brass. I believe he said the receiver is a FIE or FIA? Any help would be appreciated.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
frontier gunshop in lafayette calif was owned by kurt haase extremely talented stockmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gus
The pics of the stock look very nice. I understand that they did a lot of nice customs in the 50s and 60s.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
any pics

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gus,
I have actual photos, but they aren't on my computer. I'm going to have to pass on it since I bought the Remington Mod. 30. My money has dryed up for now. It is in the possession of Russ Haydon of Haydons Shooters Supplies in Gig Harbour, Washington. He is trying to sell it for a widow. Russ handles rifles like this from time to time. He has a good reputation for doing well for people that need help selling rifles that they don't know anything about.
Do you think that the photos would scan?
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gus,
I scanned the photos and can email them to you. PM an email address.
Butch

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gus,
I scanned the photos and can email them to you. PM an email address.
Butch

Send a copy to ramrod340@hotmail.com as well if you don't mind. I have a soft spot for 7s/

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Butch - If you can, you might want to be fairly certain about which Frontier Gun Shop built the gun. In the mid-60's, there was also a Frontier Gun Shop building/selling stuff on the NE side of Oklahoma City. I bought a very nice Colt 1911 .38 AMU Special there in 1966. They might even still be there, who knows?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what price does Russ have on it?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC, Russ said it came from the Calif. shop. Don't know if that is good or bad.
Rich, He is pretty firm at $1500.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd sure like to see photos of this rifle...Kurt and I were friends and competitors..He died at age 87 about 3 years ago. His stocks were VERY distinctive with stylized European side panels, usually in Claro Walnut and his favorite caliber was 7x61 S&H. I have his 1946 vintage S. Bend tool room lathe, which still runs smoooth, $1500.00 may be a steal! if authentic.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane If your email address is the same as listed under your info, the poor pics are on the way. You can probably tell enough to see if it is one of his.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Russ and he said it was built by Haase. My money is gone, but I told Russ that I would take it if we could verify that it was by him.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch: Sorry, had to change e- mail address: cgrs@earthlink.net...looking forward to pics Thanks Duane

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a gunshop in redding calif was copying kurts guns and they did several of them