THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Rem 700 feed/ejection port length mods for long handloads

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 feed/ejection port length mods for long handloads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to learn a little on what needs to be done to a factory action and magazine so that it will carry and feed long handloads properly.

Any suggestoins?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
My M700 270 Winchester seats all bullets out to the lands without any mag modifications.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Rem 700 Titanium 7mm-08 that won't take long handloads, and 3 Sako .375H&H that won't either, I have seen this problem in newer rifles more often than not.

Hopefully the .300wm action is long enough that it won't need it any mods.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote