Find
Notify
Tools

Any update on the Montana actions?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I emailed Dan over two weeks ago and e-mailed their site address last week with no answers.
Does anyone know what kind of schedule and any possible delivery time for the left handed short actions?

Do you remember talking about that it was like waiting for Christmas in July? Now I'm hoping for Christmas in December!

As an aside, Charles Daly (KBI Inc) says that they will start delivering left handed Mauser and mini-Mauser actions to their distributors in the first quarter of next year.

[ 11-18-2003, 06:36: Message edited by: Fjold ]

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a call from Troy at MRC today, he was returning an email from about two-three weeks ago. I just got my MRC RH SS Mag Boltface Saturday.

How are things in Bumtucky (Bakersfield)? I used to live there a few years ago. Has it merged with LA yet?

Posts: 66 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Almost, the population is over 200,000 and a lot of people commute over the Grapevine to LA every day. Quite a coincidence, I lived in the Bradenton area two years ago while I was building a power plant for my company.

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If Mr. Daly begins to bring in guns next year, I will buy a LH .223 from them. Sure, I want my MRC gun, but the waiting...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I, too, am waiting for a couple MRC actions.

I previously was waiting for the Daly lefty mausers, and waited about 2 years from when they were first advertised (thanks to congress) until I ordered the MRC. Think I'll stick with the MRC since I can get LA and SA stainless.

LH seems to stand for, "Left Hangin'" [Wink]

[ 11-18-2003, 08:35: Message edited by: Whitehurst ]

Posts: 99 | Location: Cordova Alaska | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just received e-mail from them saying the SS mag bolt faces are shipping now and the SS standard bolt faces should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 187 | Location: eastern USA | Registered: 06 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Interesting...

I got a call from them about a month ago saying my stainless RH WSM bolt SAs would be shipping either the last week of October or first week of November, but I haven't seen them yet

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
I spoke with someone at MRC on the 14th and asked about a left-handed long action that was supposed to be ready around the middle of November. I was told that it would now be the middle of December.

These things take time and there are always delays with new products.

Rusty
We band of brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my email back the next day:

"Right now I am looking at around the middle of December for the Left Hand Actions. They would have been sooner but unfortunately we set up a machine shop to do the left handed actions specifically. Unfortunately after about 2-3 weeks in their shop they came back and told us that they had to put their name on our action. We told them that because they were not the manufacturer that they did not need to put their name on but they insisted that until they recieved a waiver from BATF that they would not do the machining on the action unless they put their name on it. We have since pulled the left handed actions away from that shop and have sent them to the shop doing the right handed actions. They are at the machine shop and are just waiting their turn (so to speak) to get machined."

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think a shop wanting to put its name on somebody else's action is looking to cut a fat hog in the ass. Could it be that the MRC actions are of such a high quality and good value that this shop can see a profitable future in them if their name is on them? And what kind of shop would even think to put its name on something for which somebody else did all the R&D work? MRC was right to pull out of that deal! We don't see Fisher automobiles running up and down America's highways just because they (used to?) build the bodies of GM cars, do we? And that crap about BATF doesn't wash, either. Howa makes Weatherby, correct? Case closed.

[ 11-19-2003, 17:31: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The wait sure is tough isn't it?

I have a couple PH actions on order. I hope I get them in a year but, who can tell...? I guess it gives Montana Rifleman time to refine the action and me time to dream up what I want to build with them.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I apologize if you did not receive an answer right away. Normally I receive around 100 emails per day and at times I forward them to my sales staff to answer. Yours may or may not have been one of them.
I placed a update in its own category yesterday concerning the left hand actions. We are pushing extremely hard on them, but with the situation with the second machine shop it has slowed us down a bit.

Dan

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
The manufacturing of an action for someone else is not one to be taken lightly. If the machine shop is already a manufacturer, or even if they are not of firearms or firearm parts, they will need a "variance license" to manufacture the actions and put MRC's name on them. If they already have a manufacturers license, then they couldn't manufacture the receiver without putting their own name on the receiver.

We have a manufacturers license as well, but we could not manufacture someone else's receiver without the variance license that allows us to do so.
You can manufacture all the parts you like, just not the receiver without having the manufacturers license.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody know about the shipping time frame for Standard Face Stainless Short Actions?

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 18 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan what is happening in the Canada export (importer) department?

Regards martin

Posts: 328 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to say in my previous post that I was curious about the RIGHT HAND Standard Face Stainless Short Action.

Sorry!

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 18 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I received my RH long magnum action today.....and it's a very nice action.....it needs a little polish but I expected some of that.....all in all a superbly fine action.....soon to be a .375 H&H.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received my stainless steel short mag. action two weeks ago. A cursory inspection of the action left me feeling pretty darn good about this deal, and I am sure that it will make a dandy platform for my .350 Rem. mag. project. I have already passed it on to my gunsmith to have it barreled-up, and I hope to be shooting it this coming spring. CP.

Posts: 153 | Location: Wapiti Way, MT | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We do not take "anything" lightly, we are making sure that we are following the strict rule of law.

We expect to see the first BSRS Short, Stainless, Right Hand, Standard bolt face actions in our shop early next week.

They are currently machining Short Actions Chrome Moly Magnum Right Hands and will start the Short Chrome Moly Standards (R/H) the first part of next week.

Of course, everything should be taken with a grain of salt as this is the most recent update from our subcontractors.

Alberta Canuck, please give Jeff a call on Monday about your actions. I take it (obviously) that you are from Canada. We are finding it tough to find a Importer in Canada for a couple of reasons. First, anything shipped out of country (at this time) is shipped FedEx (UPS won't do it and the USPS says that they won't either, but we are working on it) and FedEx only ships into a couple of places. Second finding someone to jump through the hoops with the Canadian Firearms law. We have a couple of places in the works, but Jeff could give you better info on that than I could.

Dan

[ 11-21-2003, 18:46: Message edited by: Dan@Montana Rifle Co ]

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan@Montana Rifle Co:
We do not take "anything" lightly, we are making sure that we are following the strict rule of law.

Dan

Then I presume that your machine shop doing the right hand actions has a manufacturers license, as well as a variance to provide them to you with your name on them, correct?

You're much better off sticking with one shop for those receivers anyway. Too many variable happen that can't be fixed with anything less than experience, and that's experience with the particular part, not just experience in general.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too many variable happen that can't be fixed with anything less than experience.
A truth beyond wisdom.

We received three stainless SA's as a partial shipment on our PO to MRC. We also received three barreled actions to be stocked. For one of those, the customer had thoughtfully included four rounds of 6.5-270 WSM dummies. So I loaded three down and tossed one down the pipe. The moment of truth (a statement that shall be explained forthwith).

Worked the bolt. Not fast, not slow...but like you would in the field. All four fed, extracted, ejected. Flawless. Cool.

Why cool? Because Dennis Olson and I have spend far too much time trying to get three M1999 LA's to feed 270 WSM. After cutting up a BUNCH of boxes, followers, bending springs, massaging the rails, we gave up. Not worth the effort.

Seems the SA does what it's supposed to.

Posts: 108 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Rod I didn't need to read that. Now you have me thinking of a 6mm/300WSM long range, overbore wildcat instead of the 22/250AI that I'm trying to build. Or maybe I need that new 338/300WSM? or maybe a .....

[ 11-24-2003, 19:02: Message edited by: Fjold ]