New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with BR case ejection-M 700
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My shooting pard wanted a barrel I had, chambered for the 7mm BR Remington. We screwed it on a 700 SA ADL he had. Now the dang thing doesn't eject cases. It extracts them to the point the case clears the barrel, then just drops them in the action. I never had this problem (that I remember). I can't remember which rifle I had this barrel on, but I'm almost certain it was an ADL 700. We even went so far as to replace the extractor, but no improvement. We tried several different bolts just to see, but nothing makes a difference. Does anyone have any insight or ideas on how to fix this? Anticipatory thanks,,,,,,,,,Bug.

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You say you replaced the extractor, with what? A new spring type? If so did you get it in correctly? My guess it is the problem.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If so did you get it in correctly?

That's my bet. If the extractor is not installed so the "blade" is opposite the ejector plunger, it will simply pull the case out and drop it, but then I am not a gunsmith, just a hack. Check to see that the ejector plunger is not binding as well.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim & Larry,
The extractor is the one without the rivet. There seemed to be nothing wrong with the one that came out. And yes, it is in right. It works fine with another case or in another receiver. Also, Other bolts work no better. I'm betting it is not due to an extractor problem... any other ideas????

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Because the BR case is so short, the ejector pushes it over at enough of an angle that the extractor will drop it before it has cleared the receiver ring. Pulling the bolt back more quickly will help. Shortening the ejector spring a bit will help as well. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lengthen the flat on the ejector so it can move farther out of the bolt face.

Bruce

Posts: 217 | Location: SW WA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote