Find
Notify
Tools

Brno ZG47 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
I saw an old brno zg47 at gun store and i liked the balance and trriger and smoothness of it. i am planing to ask a gun smith to make a switch barrel with two barrels 243 & 9,3x62 for me. what do you think of this action for this purpose?
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Danny

Switch barrel is not good idea, pulling out and putting in barrels is tiresome. It will require a few tools too unless you got the same type of switch barrel as S&L or sauer.

Besides you can get a real mightmare to get the magazine to work with these two different cartridges. Much better to get two actions [Big Grin]

I might got something for you, give me a call later today.
/ JOHAN

[ 08-06-2003, 15:32: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hej Johan
My vapen garderobe is full of trashes. I don't beleive that farbror(uncle) polisen will give me more licenses [Big Grin] and it would be more easier to travel abroad with one gun instead of many guns [Razz]
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A switch barrel on a mauser type action gets very expensive, unless you plan on traveling with your own vise and tools.

You will need to use cartridges the of same length, such as the 9.3x62 and the 7x64.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Best Mauser 98 type rifle there is. Don't butcher this collector item by pulling the original barrel off or any other alteration.

-

-

[ 08-06-2003, 22:24: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Pay:
My vapen garderoben is full of trashes. I don't beleive that farbror(uncle) polisen will give me more licenses [Big Grin]

danny
You are lazy and subborn [Big Grin] , the easiest way to solve this is by selling all the junk and trade it in for a few quality firearms. A sako vixen 222 is not expencive and neither are the ZG-47's.

/ JOHAN

[ 08-06-2003, 20:54: Message edited by: JOHAN ]