Find
Notify
Tools

Krupp M98 pic test
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
been playing with the flash and reflector.

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job/nice pic.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
It worked!

Nice rifle. I have an 8x60S Mike McCabe built for me that's going to look like that some day.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Nice picture!
I've noticed you and TC and others do a good goob with pictures of rifles...Question?

What kind of camera and lenses are you useing?
Do you have a special set up for lighting, can a person get quality pictures without a pro set-up?
I can never get the stock colors right, and have some trouble with glare and getting most of the gun in the picture and still get good detail of the metal work!
My daughters boyfriend is learning to do it professionaly, we (he) is still playing with what I want as far as good rifle photos, has what I say is a very good camera. Any books on still photos for rifle pictures,or something close that to that to help him and me out!
Thanks...Smiler

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I started taking wrist watch pictures under flourescent lights with a tracing paper diffuser using a nikon coolpix n990 - 3.3meg camera. For web size pictures, I can't really beat them today. That was in 2001. So it's not really the equipment.

Manual white balance helps.
wide angle <28mm equivilent for rifles.
If you don't use flashs you'll need a lot a lights.

Here's an older one that's under a 4 bulb 4ft fourescent with 2 2ft 2 bulb light in front...a lota light.
Try to keep the straight line at 90deg to the frame.

http://home.pipeline.com/~shoo...my-brno-studio-2.jpg

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote